With WP Super Cache paired with MaxCDN & Cloudflare, which host will rip away this week in London?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 85 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 85 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is Lightning Base with a time of 2.19s, which is significantly slower than the all time London record of 0.87s, which was set by HostGator in Week 64.
On our last visit to London with MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 82), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 2.13s. This week with WP Super Cache replacing WP Rocket, the average load time is noticeably slower at 2.90s.
This is the second week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study, and WP Rocket is proving to be quicker so far.
Next week we’ll be switching up the testing location to Sydney. Will WP Super Cache be able to turn things around or will WP Rocket finish strongly?
And this Week’s Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.