With WP Super Cache now paired with MaxCDN & Cloudflare, which host will show real speed this week in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 84 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 84 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is Lightning Base with a time of 1.40s, which is well behind the all time Dallas record of 0.78s, which was set by SiteGround in Week 78.
On our last visit to Dallas with MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 81), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.67s. This week with WP Super Cache replacing WP Rocket, the average load time is slightly slower at 1.75s.
This is the first week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study, and WP Rocket is slightly ahead in the early stages.
Next week we’ll be switching up the testing location to London. Will WP Super Cache be able to turn things around or will WP Rocket take off?
And this Week’s Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.