With MaxCDN now setup with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache, which of our hosts are up and about this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 84 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 84 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a poor uptime performance this week, with just 2 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 83):
This week’s best performer in North America is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the 2nd fastest average response time of 268ms.
The last time we tested from North America with MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 81), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 260ms, while this week with WP Super Cache replacing WP Rocket, it is significantly slower at 1,307ms.
This is the first week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study and WP Rocket is showing early signs of domination, when it comes to our host’s response times.
Next week we will change up our testing location to Europe, I wonder whether WP Super Cache will be able to turn things around?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.