With KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket ready to roll, lets check in to see which host is up and about this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 79 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 79 Summary Table
Our hosts have for the 1st time ever recorded a perfect uptime performance this week, with all 8 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 78):
This week’s best performer in Europe is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 329ms.
The last time we tested from Europe with KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache setup (in Week 76), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 1,456ms, while this week with WP Rocket replacing WP Super Cache, it is significantly faster at 500ms.
This is the second week of our KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study and it’s really looking like WP Rocket is making a big statement by significantly improving our host’s response times.
Next week we will change up our test location to Asia Pacific, will WP Rocket keep rolling?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.