Have our hosts been able to stay up this week?
Uptime Test – Week 16 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Worldwide Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 16 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime:
- A2 Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
- InMotion Hosting
And we have yet another first time winner this week, and that honor belongs to DreamHost for being the fastest of those with 100% Uptime! Even more remarkable is the turnaround in their response time, going from 932ms the last time we ran this worldwide test (in Week 12), to just 171ms!!
And DreamHost is not alone, the average response time of our 8 hosts in Week 12 was 796ms, while this week it has dropped to 228ms. It’s amazing how much of a game changer Caching has been!
The big shock of the week was SiteGround actually recorded an Outage. The only time that has happened before was in Week 4. That now sets the benchmark for our other hosts to strive for, 11 Weeks of continuous uptime!!
And the Week 16 Winner is…
After 16 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.