It’s time to line up our hosts and see who gets the win in Vancouver?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 16 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Vancouver, Canada
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 16 Summary Table
We have now completed 2 weeks of testing following the Introduction of Caching, and the impact continues to amaze me. GoDaddy and A2 Hosting were consistently 1st & 2nd over the first 14 weeks, but both have fell away significantly in the last 2 weeks. This week they have dropped to 7th and 8th, but amazingly their times are the fastest they have ever recorded in Vancouver.
The other 6 hosts have simply performed better, and leading the pack this week is InMotion Hosting. They have recorded a blistering 0.81s load time, which smashes the all time record of 1.25s owned by GoDaddy in Dallas.
And the last time we visited Vancouver in Week 12, the average page load time was 1.96s for our 8 hosts, this week it has plummeted to 1.16s!!
Next week we are off to Dallas and I’m fully expecting more records to tumble. I can’t wait to find out if one of our hosts can topple 0.81s?
And the Week 16 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 16 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.