We’re off to Vancouver in the pursuit of speed?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 12 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Vancouver, Canada
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 12 Summary Table
The last time we swung past Vancouver (in Week 4), A2 Hosting was victorious but not this week. That honor goes to GoDaddy, who has backed up last week’s win in Sydney by once again climbing to the top of the mountain. How will that result impact the crucially important Desktop Speed Rankings?
The major changes from last week:
- A2 Hosting jumped up from 4th to 2nd
- InMotion Hosting also moved up 2 spots to 3rd
- Both Web Hosting Hub & Bluehost fell 2 spots to 4th & 5th respectively
We will continue changing our test location each week, so that we can truly find out which host is performing best from a worldwide perspective. Next week we are off to Dallas, where the battle is always tight between GoDaddy & A2 Hosting. Will they battle it out again or will a surprise winner be around the corner?
For the 2nd Week in a Row,
the Weekly Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.