Let’s zoom into the uptime results from North America?
Uptime Test – Week 13 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across North America
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 13 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime:
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
GoDaddy takes the win this week in North America, being the fastest of those with 100% Uptime!
A2 Hosting’s roller coaster ride has continued, dropping from 1st last week to 7th this week. Their Average Response Time was faster than GoDaddy’s, but once again they have been let down by 10 Minutes of downtime.
SiteGround continues to perform brilliantly when it comes to perfect Uptime – it is now 12 out of 13 weeks they have achieved 100%!!
And The Week 13 Winner is…
After 13 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.