How did our hosts perform in North America this week?
Uptime Test – Week 17 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across North America
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 17 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime:
- Web Hosting Hub
And we have yet another first time winner this week, and that honor belongs to HostGator for being the fastest of those with 100% Uptime! Even more remarkable is the turnaround in their response time, going from 1390ms the last time we ran this North America test (in Week 13), to just 130ms!!
And HostGator is not alone, the average response time of our 8 hosts in Week 13 was 743ms, while this week it has dropped to 158ms. I continue to be in awe of the impact Caching is having – these speed improvements lately are through the roof!!
The big disappointment of the week was A2 Hosting, experiencing a total of 39 minutes of downtime. Surely this is going to impact their position in the Overall Uptime Rankings.
And the Week 17 Winner is…
After 17 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.