Let’s take a ride and find out who is fastest in Sydney?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 15 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Sydney, Australia
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 15 Summary Table
This test ends the 1st week of understanding the impact Caching has on our hosts speed, and the early conclusion is the impact is massive. GoDaddy and A2 Hosting have been consistently 1st & 2nd over the last 14 weeks, but both have dropped in the standings to 3rd and 8th respectively. And this is not from poor performance, it’s because the other 6 hosts have performed brilliantly since Caching was enabled.
The last test in Sydney (Week 11) resulted in an average page load time of 4.44sec for our 8 hosts, this week it has plummeted to 2.32sec!!
And the hosts that have benefited most from Caching are Web Hosting Hub & InMotion Hosting. They have finished 1st and 2nd respectively, and both have smashed the previous Sydney record of 3.28sec. In fact, all of our hosts have beaten the previous record, which is great to see!!
Next week we are off to Vancouver, will Hub & InMotion continue to dominate?
And the Week 15 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 15 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.