Let’s turn back the clock and find out how our hosts went with Uptime this past week?
Uptime Test – Week 15 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across Asia Pacific
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 15 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime:
- A2 Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
A2 Hosting takes the win this week in Asia Pacific, being the fastest of those with 100% Uptime!
There is once again a big improvement in the Ave Response Times for our 6 hosts that now have Caching enabled. It is really clear in the charts to see the cliff drop off on the 9th Jul when W3 Total Cache was setup. Last time we stopped by Asia Pacific, the average response time of our 8 hosts was 1052ms, while this week it has dropped to 659ms. It’s great to see all of our hosts starting to perform really well!
SiteGround continues to regularly rack up perfect 100% Uptime’s – having now reached this summit 14 of the 15 weeks!!
And the Week 15 Winner is…
After 15 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.