With WP Rocket on board, which host is celebrating this week in Mumbai?
Speed Test – Week 140 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Mumbai, India
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Namecheap Weekly Speed Results
GoDaddy Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Speed Results
HostGator Weekly Speed Results
Bluehost Weekly Speed Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 140 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is Bluehost with a time of 2.47s, which is not too far away from the all time record for Mumbai, which is 2.22s, set by SiteGround in Week 119.
On our last visit to Mumbai (with W3 Total Cache setup in Week 137), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 3.17s. This week with WP Rocket now on board, the average load time was noticeably faster at 2.89s.
This is the third and final week of the WP Rocket Speed Study, and the results have shown WP Rocket to be faster than W3 Total Cache.
This test brings to a close our Speed Studies for 2018. I’ll be reviewing all the results across the year, before deciding which path to take next year – see you in 2019!!
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2+ years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our speed challenge.