Uptime Test – Week 177 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: India
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 177 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts achieved 100% in Week 176):
- WP Engine
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Europe is Flywheel, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 705ms.
We have now completed 37 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 7th week that we’ve tested from Indian based host servers, and the 2nd week that plugin caching support of WP Rocket has been turned on.
Flywheel is definitely the star performer of this week, with a response time considerably faster than all other hosts. Our budget hosts of SiteGround & Lightning Base have been competitive, with SiteGround 2nd fastest, but with 5 minutes of downtime. While Lightning Base avoided downtime, they were 2nd slowest.
Once again, SiteGround experienced the largest speed improvement thanks to the addition of WP Rocket. In Week 172 without WP Rocket, SiteGround’s response time was 1,810ms, while this week it stepped up to 1,060ms. They now need to eliminate the outages to move up the rankings.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from Europe to Asia Pacific. Can Flywheel continue their impressive performance, and will SiteGround achieve 100% uptime?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 30 weeks of testing on USA, UK & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.