Uptime Test – Week 176 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: India
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 176 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 175):
- WP Engine
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is WP Engine, combining a perfect uptime with the 2nd fastest average response time of 766ms.
We have now completed 36 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 6th week that we’ve tested from Indian based host servers, and the 1st week that plugin caching support of WP Rocket has been turned on.
The performance of Lightning Base is very impressive indeed, taking out the 3rd fastest response time even though they are a budget host. As expected, SiteGround saw a noticeable improvement in response times thanks to the addition of WP Rocket. In Week 171 without WP Rocket, SiteGround’s response time was 1,971ms, while this week it stepped up to 1,070ms. They now need to eliminate the outages to move up the rankings.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from North America to Europe. Can Lightning Base continue their impressive performance, and will SiteGround achieve 100% uptime?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 30 weeks of testing on USA, UK & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.