Uptime Test – Week 175 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: India
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 175 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 174):
- Lightning Base
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is Lightning Base, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 555ms.
We have now completed 35 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 5th week that we’ve tested from Indian based host servers, and with plugin caching support turned off.
The performance of Lightning Base is very impressive indeed, taking out the fastest response time even though they are a budget host. In contrast, SiteGround, our other budget host, experienced the slowest response time of all hosts. If history is any judge, SiteGround should see a jump in the performance next week with the addition of WP Rocket.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from Asia Pacific to North America. The other change will be adding WP Rocket, with the key question being whether SiteGround can turn things around?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 30 weeks of testing on USA, UK & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.