As we finish the 100th week of testing, which host is proving to have the best uptime this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 100 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 100 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts achieved 100% in Week 99):
- Lightning Base
- InMotion Hosting
This week’s best performer in Europe is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 308ms.
The last time we tested from Europe with W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 97), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 434ms, while this week with WP Rocket on board, it is slightly faster at 420ms.
This is the second week of our WP Rocket Speed Study and this contest between W3 Total Cache & WP Rocket is proving to be really close when it comes to Response Times.
Next week we change up the test location to Asia Pacific, I wonder which caching plugin will perform best?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.