With Cloudflare paired up with WP Rocket, which host is flying down the mountain in Sydney this week?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 65 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Sydney, Australia
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 65 Summary Table
The winner this week is Namecheap with a time of 1.07s, which is just behind the Sydney record of 1.03s, that was set by Bluehost in Week 27.
On our last visit to Sydney with WP Rocket setup (in Week 62), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 2.37s. This week with Cloudflare added to WP Rocket, the average load time is off the charts quicker at 1.17s.
This is the third and final week of our Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study, and Cloudflare has been super impressive!!
Next week we’re going to see whether Cloudflare can continue this form when we pair it with WP Super Cache?
And the Week 65 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.