With WP Rocket strapped on, which of our hosts are able to burn up the track in Sydney?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 62 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Sydney, Australia
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 62 Summary Table
The winner this week is InMotion Hosting with a time of 2.18s, which is long way off the Sydney record of 1.03s that DreamHost logged in Week 27.
On our last visit to Sydney with W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 59), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 2.26s. This week with WP Rocket, the average load time is slightly slower at 2.37s.
This is the third and final week of our WP Rocket Speed Study, and its looking like this contest is very close. I’ll summarize all the results to find out which Caching plugin is truly the quickest?
Next week we’re going to add CloudFlare to the mix and see whether that will help speed up our sites?
And the Week 62 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.