Which host will charge into 2018 this week in Dallas?
Speed Test – Week 90 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Namecheap Weekly Speed Results
GoDaddy Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Speed Results
HostGator Weekly Speed Results
Bluehost Weekly Speed Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 90 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is Lightning Base with a time of 1.26s, which is a fair way off the all time Dallas record of 0.78s, which was set by SiteGround in Week 78.
On our last visit to Dallas with MaxCDN, Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 87), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.71s. This week with all speed optimizers removed, the average load time is noticeably slower at 2.14s.
This is the first week of resetting the speed baseline for 2018. By removing all caching plugins & CDN’s, we can more visibly see the impact of them as their applied throughout 2018.
Next week we’ll swing the test location to London, where I fully expect to see another steep slowdown in loading times.
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our speed challenge.