With our host servers based in Australia and with WP Rocket added into the mix, which host is proving to be most reliable this week when we test from Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 188 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Australia
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Caching Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 188 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 187):
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is SiteGround, combining a perfect uptime with the third fastest average response time of 762ms.
We have now completed 48 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 8th week that we’ve tested from Australian based host servers, and the 3rd with plugin caching support turned on.
Flywheel has been the best performed so far from Australian servers, taking the honors 3 weeks out of 8. This is the second consecutive time that SiteGround has taken out top spot, which is impressive in itself, given they are a budget host.
At the other end of the spectrum, were is WP Engine, who have once again experienced significant outages totalling 37 minutes this week. This continues a worrying recent trend for WP Engine, who have now racked up 107 minutes of outages in the last 4 weeks. Compared to just 13 minutes of downtime in the first 40 weeks, this is a drastic dropoff.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from Asia Pacific to North America. I am most interested to find out whether WP Engine is able to stop incurring long downtimes?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 40 weeks of testing on USA, UK, Canadian & Indian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.