With our host servers all setup in Australia and with WP Rocket now on board, which host is up and about this week when we test from Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 187 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Australia
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Caching Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 187 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 186):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Europe is SiteGround, combining a perfect uptime with the second fastest average response time of 961ms.
We have now completed 47 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 7th week that we’ve tested from Australian based host servers, and the 2nd with plugin caching support turned on.
Flywheel has been the best performed so far from Australian servers, taking the honors 3 weeks out of 7. This is the first time that SiteGround has taken out top spot, which is impressive in itself, given they are a budget host.
At the other end of the spectrum, were 2 premium hosts, Flywheel & WP Engine, who both experienced outages, with WP Engine being more significant at 7 minutes this week. This continues a worrying recent trend for WP Engine, who have now racked up 60 minutes of outages in the last 3 weeks. Compared to just 13 minutes of downtime in the first 40 weeks, this is a fairly drastic dropoff.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from Europe to Asia Pacific. I am most interested to find out whether WP Engine can return to their previously reliable ways?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 40 weeks of testing on USA, UK, Canadian & Indian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.