With our host servers set in Australia and with WP Rocket now added, which host is avoiding outages this week when we test from North America?
Uptime Test – Week 186 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Australia
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Caching Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 186 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 185):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is Flywheel, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 729ms.
We have now completed 46 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 6th week that we’ve tested from Australian based host servers, and the 1st with plugin caching support turned on.
With Flywheel taking the honors, it marks the 3rd week out of 6 that Flywheel has been the best performed host using Australian servers.
At the other end of the spectrum, were SiteGround & WP Engine, who both experienced outages, with WP Engine being more significant at 34 minutes this week. While this is uncharacteristic of them across 2019 so far (just 13 minutes of downtime in the first 40 weeks), it is now the 2nd week in a row that WP Engine has experienced major outages.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from North America to Europe. I am most interested to find out whether WP Engine can return to their previously reliable ways?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 40 weeks of testing on USA, UK, Canadian & Indian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.