With the Cloudflare & WP Super Cache combo now setup, lets find out which of our hosts are soaring the highest this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 66 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North America Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 66 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 65):
- Lightning Base
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 176ms.
The last time we tested from North America with Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 63), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 256ms, while this week with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache it is significantly slower at 1,024ms.
This is the first week of our Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study and WP Super Cache is struggling compared to WP Rocket when it comes to response times.
Next week we will move our test location to Europe, I wonder whether WP Super Cache can turn things around?
And for the 4th Week in a Row
the Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.