With Cloudflare teamed with WP Super Cache, which host is breaking tackles in Dallas this week?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 66 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 66 Summary Table
The winner this week is Lightning Base with a time of 0.98s, which is just behind the Dallas record of 0.83s, that was also set by Lightning Base in Week 63.
On our last visit to Dallas with Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 63), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 0.93s. This week with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache, the average load time is slower at 1.16s.
This is the first week of our Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study, and the early signs are that WP Rocket is outperforming WP Super Cache when paired with Cloudflare.
Next week we’re off to London, will WP Super Cache be able turn things around?
And the Week 66 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.