With Cloudflare now combined with W3 Total Cache, which host is powering away this week in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 69 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 69 Summary Table
The winner this week is Lightning Base with a time of 0.79s, which breaks the all time Dallas record of 0.83s, that was also set by Lightning Base in Week 63.
On our last visit to Dallas with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache setup (in Week 66), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.16s. This week with Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache, the average load time has improved to 0.89s.
This is the first week of our Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache Speed Study, and W3 Total Cache takes the early points over WP Super Cache.
Next week we’ll change up the test location to London, will W3 Total Cache continue to bring the heat?
And for the 4th Week in a Row
the Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.