Were outages bringing down our hosts this week?
We move our test from North America to Europe, will that have any impact?
Uptime Test – Week 6 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across Europe
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Total Number of Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 6 Summary Table
This is a much better set of results for our hosts, going from just 2 achieving 100% uptime last week, to a much more impressive 5 acing the test this week!!
A2 Hosting once again recorded the fastest average response time, but this time avoided the dreaded outage, which resulted in them rocketing up the rankings from 6th all the way to 1st in Europe.
Uptime Test – Week 6 Winner
And The Winner is…