With W3 Total Cache on board, lets find out which host is most reliable this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 137 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Plugins Installed: W3 Total Cache
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 137 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a below average uptime performance this week, with only 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (3 hosts achieved 100% in Week 136):
- Lightning Base
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 522ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific (with WP Super Cache setup in Week 134), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 1,541ms, while this week with W3 Total Cache on board, it is significantly faster at 698ms.
This is the third and final week of our W3 Total Cache Speed Study and W3 Total Cache has proved to be far superior than WP Super Cache, when it comes to Response Times.
For the next week, I will change up our caching plugin to WP Rocket. I wonder whether it will be able to outperform W3 Total Cache?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2+ years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.