With Comet Cache all good to go, lets find out which host is up and about this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 131 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Plugins Installed: Comet Cache & Autoptimize
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 131 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a very impressive uptime performance this week, with 7 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (just 3 hosts achieved 100% in Week 130):
- Lightning Base
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 566ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific (with Cache Enabler setup in Week 128), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 784ms, while this week with Comet Cache on board, it is noticeably slower at 868ms.
This is the third and final week of our Comet Cache Speed Study and Cache Enabler has outperformed Comet Cache (across all 3 locations), when it comes to Response Times.
For the next week, I will change up our caching plugin to WP Super Cache. I wonder whether Cache Enabler will continue to be the fastest caching plugin, or will WP Super Cache take over?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2+ years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.