Let’s jet off to London and find out which host is quickest this week?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 22 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 22 Summary Table
The winner this week is DreamHost with a blistering time of 1.65s, improving upon their own record time in London of 1.75s.
On our last visit to London with W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 18), the average page load time for our 8 hosts was 2.17s. This week with WP Rocket on board, the load time has improved to 2.02s. This contest between W3 Total Cache and WP Rocket has been extremely close throughout. And now that all the tests are complete, I will package up the results and share the final outcome of which Caching plugin came out on top!
Next week we are off to Sydney where the record load time is 1.67s, set by Web Hosting Hub. Will we see yet another record time?
And the Week 22 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 22 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.