It’s time to find out which host has been fastest in Vancouver this week?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 20 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Vancouver, Canada
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 20 Summary Table
InMotion Hosting’s horror week continues with an extremely slow average load time of 2.84s. To put this into perspective, the last time we visited Vancouver, InMotion set the all time record of 0.81s. Hopefully this marks the end of their technical issues and they can return to setting records again.
The winner this week is Web Hosting Hub with an impressive time of 0.88s, just behind InMotion’s record of 0.81s.
And the last time we visited Vancouver with W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 16), the average page load time for our 8 hosts was 1.16s. This week with WP Rocket on board (and excluding InMotion due to their technical issues not related to caching), the load time has dropped slightly to 1.15s. This contest between W3 Total Cache and WP Rocket continues to be a close one – luckily we have 2 more weeks before declaring the winner!!
Next week we are off to Dallas where the record load time is 1.03s, set by InMotion. Can they get back on the horse and put this week behind them?
For the 2nd Week in a Row,
the Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 20 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.