It’s time to take to the skies above Sydney and find out which host is quickest this week?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 23 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Sydney, Australia
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 23 Summary Table
The winner this week is GoDaddy with a blistering time of 1.32s, setting a new record time in Sydney!! The previous record was 1.67s held by Web Hosting Hub.
On our last visit to Sydney with WP Rocket setup (in Week 19), the average page load time for our 8 hosts was 2.26s. This week with KeyCDN added, the average load time has improved to 1.67s. The early signs are looking promising for KeyCDN, lets see if we are still thinking that after 3 more weeks of testing in the Speed Study on KeyCDN!
Next week we are off to Vancouver where the record load time is 0.81s, set by InMotion Hosting. Will we see yet another record time?
And the Week 23 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 22 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.