Who has blitzing speed in London this week?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 10 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Total Number of Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 10 Summary Table
After slipping to 2nd last week, A2 Hosting is back in the winner’s circle again. They have recorded a fairly comfortable victory over GoDaddy and take home the title of fastest in London!!
The other major changes were SiteGround jumping from 7th up to 3rd and InMotion Hosting dropping from 4th to 7th place.
We will continue changing our test location each week, so that we can truly find out which host is performing best from a worldwide perspective. Next week we are off to Sydney, which had a surprise winner last time we visited, InMotion Hosting. That would be some turnaround, 7th to 1st, will it happen again?
And the Week 10 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 10 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.