With WP Rocket setup, let’s see which hosts are breaking the sound barrier over London?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 61 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 61 Summary Table
The winner this week is Lightning Base with a time of 1.26s, which is not that far away from the London record. The current record belongs to DreamHost, with a time of 0.92s in Week 30.
On our last visit to London with W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 58), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 1.66s. This week with WP Rocket, the average load time is slightly slower at 1.77s.
This is the second week of our WP Rocket Speed Study, and its looking like this contest is very close.
Next week we’re changing our testing location to Sydney, which caching plugin will prove to be quickest?
And for the 2nd Week in a Row
the Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.