With WP Fastest Cache all good to go, let’s find out which host is up and about this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 116 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 116 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 115):
- Lightning Base
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the 2nd fastest average response time of 955ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific (with Comet Cache setup in Week 113), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 1,075ms, while this week with WP Fastest Cache on board, it is ever so slightly slower at 1,076ms.
This is the third and final week of our WP Fastest Cache Speed Study and it turned out to be a very close contest, with WP Fastest Cache being slightly faster than Comet Cache, when it comes to Response Times.
Next week we will remove all caching plugins and test from a new set of locations. It will be interesting to see how our hosts perform in new waters?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.