With Canada now being the home for our host’s servers, who is soaring above the pack this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 153 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Canada
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 153 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a perfect uptime performance this week, with all 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 152):
- WP Engine
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is WP Engine, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 1,190ms.
We have now completed 13 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. The best news this week is Kinsta has recovered from their massive block of outages totaling 3hrs 43mins last week.
The other interesting observation is how closely bunched 5 of our hosts, with Response Times all between 1,190ms and 1,340ms. SiteGround was a fair bit of the pace this week.
For next week’s test, I will be changing up our test location to North America. Will Kinsta continue its recovery, and can SiteGround get back to competing?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 10 weeks of testing on USA servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.