With WP Rocket now setup, which of our hosts are up in the clouds this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 60 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North America Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 60 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 59):
- InMotion Hosting
- Lightning Base
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in North America is InMotion Hosting, with a perfect uptime and the fastest response time of 196ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of changing from W3 Total Cache to WP Rocket, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 57 (the last time we tested from North America) was 298ms, while this week with WP Rocket it is slightly faster at 267ms.
This is the first week of our WP Rocket Speed Study and the early signs are that WP Rocket has a slight edge when it comes to response times.
Next week we will change our test location to Europe, will WP Rocket continue to outperform W3 Total Cache?
And the Week 60 Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.