WP Fastest Cache is locked and loaded, let’s check out which host is charging over the edge this week in São Paulo?
Speed Test – Week 121 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: São Paulo, Brazil
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Namecheap Weekly Speed Results
GoDaddy Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Speed Results
HostGator Weekly Speed Results
Bluehost Weekly Speed Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 121 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is SiteGround with a time of 2.25s, which is not far off the all time São Paulo record of 2.12s, which was also set by SiteGround in Week 118.
On our last visit to São Paulo (with no caching plugins setup in Week 118), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 3.88s. This week with WP Fastest Cache now on board, the average load time is noticeably faster at 3.23s.
This is the second week of the WP Fastest Cache Speed Study, and there definitely looks to be an understandable speed boost off the back of adding WP Fastest Cache.
Next week we’ll be switching up our test location to Mumbai. I am very keen to see how much of a speed improvement is possible, as well as finding out which hosts will thrive?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2+ years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our speed challenge.