With WP Rocket rolling with Canadian host servers, who is up and about this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 157 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Canada
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 157 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a perfect uptime performance this week, with all 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 156):
- Lightning Base
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in Europe is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 683ms.
We have now completed 17 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. It’s interesting to observe how closely bunched all 6 of our hosts, with Response Times all between 683ms and 784ms. Following 3 weeks of slow response times, SiteGround has continued to recover nicely with the addition of WP Rocket clearly helping.
For next week’s test, I will change up our test location to Asia Pacific. Will we see any separation in performances as we increase our distance from our host servers in Canada?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 10 weeks of testing on USA servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.