After 12 months of live testing in 2019, let’s compare Kinsta vs Pressidium and find out which WordPress host has performed best.
Kinsta vs Pressidium – Testing Method
- Prior to testing, I have setup identical content on all 6 Live Test Sites
- Each week over 60,000 speed & uptime tests are run using independent tools, GTmetrix & Pingdom
- Test results below are from 07 Jan 2019 to 04 Jan 2020
Test #1: Speed
The GTmetrix Speed Test checks how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser. This test is then repeated every hour throughout the week (1,080 times).
- Kinsta absolutely blitzed our speed test, comfortably outpointing all our other hosts across the 1st 30 weeks of testing in 2019. However, the last 20 weeks of testing from India & Australia has seen a noticeable drop in speeds, leading to a 4th & 3rd placed finish respectively. While Kinsta still holds the lead across 2019, their margin to the competition has shrunk considerably.
- Pressidium’s speed was somewhat disappointing across the first 10 weeks of testing in USA leading to a 4th place finish. Their speed started stepping up in Canada & UK, especially once WP Rocket jumped on board. And the most recent results in India & Australia has seen a noticeable improvement with 2nd placed finishes.
- Kinsta is currently in 1st place, while Pressidium is 3rd in our Speed Rankings.
2019 Results – USA Server
2019 Results – Canada Server
2019 Results – UK Server
2019 Results – India Server
2019 Results – Australia Server
View the Weekly Speed Tests
Test #2: Uptime
The Pingdom Uptime Test confirms that the website is actually accessible to visitors. This test is then repeated every minute throughout the week (60,480 times).
- The uptime performance for Kinsta started off impressively, with just 1 minute of downtime across the first 10 weeks of testing in 2019. This picture dramatically changed in Week 152 when they experienced a whopping 223 minutes of downtime!! Impressive results have returned in Weeks 21-50 with just 3 minutes of downtime.
- Uptime is where Pressidium has shone brightest. Across the 50 weeks of testing, they have only recorded 8 minutes of downtime, which is truly remarkable!!
- Pressidium is sitting in 1st place, with Kinsta 6th in our Uptime Rankings.
View the Weekly Uptime Tests
Kinsta vs Pressidium – Overall ranking
The Overall Ranking accumulates the results from the speed & uptime tests to determine the #1 Host.
- Kinsta’s ultra impressive speed has been offset with the worst uptime performance across all hosts. It is worth noting that the poor uptime all related to 1 horror week, the remaining uptime has been exceptional. While there’s been a dropoff in speed across the last 20 weeks in India & Australia, Kinsta’s performance across the year has been very impressive (even more so if you forgive their horror uptime week).
- Pressidium have been fantastic when it comes to uptime and their speed continued to show improvement as the year progressed. These combined strong results have meant Pressidium is right at the top of our 2019 rankings, just missing out on the #1 spot.
- Pressidium is currently 2nd and Kinsta is 3rd in our Overall Rankings.