After 3 years of testing, let’s compare Namecheap vs Web Hosting Hub and find out how they’ve performed so far…
Namecheap vs Web Hosting Hub – Testing Method
- Prior to testing, I have setup identical content on all 8 Live Test Sites
- Each week over 80,000 speed & uptime tests are run using independent tools, GTmetrix & Pingdom
- Test results below are from 04 Apr 2016 to 22 Dec 2018
Test #1: Speed
The GTmetrix Speed Test checks how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser. This test is then repeated every hour throughout the week (1,340 times).
- From the time they were added in Jan 2017, Namecheap’s speed has consistently been in the bottom half of our hosts.
- Web Hosting Hub’s speed was inconsistent across 2016 & 2017, with ranking swings from 4th to 7th then back to 4th again to finish off 2017. Unfortunately, their speed has fallen right away in 2018, so much so that they have received the unwanted title of slowest host in H1 2018 and 2nd slowest in H2 2018.
- Hub is currently sitting in 7th place, with Namecheap in 8th in our Speed Rankings.
H2 2018 Results
H1 2018 Results
H2 2017 Results
H1 2017 Results
View the Weekly Speed Tests
Test #2: Uptime
The Pingdom Uptime Test confirms that the website is actually accessible to visitors. This test is then repeated every minute throughout the week (80,640 times).
- While Namecheap tend to experience downtime each week, the duration was usually short in 2017. This resulted in a 4th place ranking at the end of 2017. Unfortunately, the results have dropped away in H1 & H2 2018, with Namecheap recording 614 minutes of downtime.
- Web Hosting Hub have been erratic when it comes to Uptime. Their performance has typically landed them in the bottom half of our hosts across all 3 years of testing.
- Hub is currently ranked 6th, while Namecheap is 7th in our Uptime Rankings.
View the Weekly Uptime Tests
Namecheap vs Web Hosting Hub – Overall Test Results
The Overall Ranking accumulates the results from the speed & uptime tests to determine the #1 Host.
- The early signs for Namecheap indicated they were below average when it came to speed and above average with uptime. But 2018 has not been kind to Namecheap, with the the below average speed continuing, and the uptime results falling into the bottom 2 active hosts.
- The performance of Web Hosting Hub across 2016 & 2017 would be best summarized as promising but inconsistent. Unfortunately their 2018 results have been a noticeable step backward in both speed and uptime. This has led to Hub dropping further in our rankings.
- Hub is currently 7th and Namecheap is in 8th in our Overall Rankings.