After 12 months of live testing in 2019, let’s compare Pressidium vs SiteGround and find out which WordPress host has performed best.
Pressidium vs SiteGround – Testing Method
- Prior to testing, I have setup identical content on all 6 Live Test Sites
- Each week over 60,000 speed & uptime tests are run using independent tools, GTmetrix & Pingdom
- Test results below are from 07 Jan 2019 to 04 Jan 2020
Test #1: Speed
The GTmetrix Speed Test checks how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser. This test is then repeated every hour throughout the week (1,080 times).
- Pressidium’s speed was somewhat disappointing across the first 10 weeks of testing in USA leading to a 4th place finish. Their speed started stepping up in Canada & UK, especially once WP Rocket jumped on board. And the most recent results in India & Australia has seen a noticeable improvement with 2nd placed finishes.
- SiteGround’s speed started off very poorly, recording the slowest speed of all our hosts across the first 5 weeks of testing. The good news, however, was they were able to totally turn that around once WP Rocket was installed. They charged to 3rd during this time, outpacing 2 premium hosts in the process. A similar trend occurred across Weeks 11-50, with slow speeds initially then significant improvement with WP Rocket on board.
- Pressidium is currently in 3rd place, while SiteGround is 6th in our Speed Rankings.
2019 Results – USA Server
2019 Results – Canada Server
2019 Results – UK Server
2019 Results – India Server
2019 Results – Australia Server
Test #2: Uptime
The Pingdom Uptime Test confirms that the website is actually accessible to visitors. This test is then repeated every minute throughout the week (60,480 times).
- Uptime is where Pressidium has shone brightest. Across the 50 weeks of testing, they have only recorded 8 minutes of downtime, which is truly remarkable!!
- The uptime results for SiteGround have been very impressive across the 1st 30 weeks of testing. The last 20 weeks have seen a bit of an increase in downtime. But having only recorded 58 minutes of downtime places them above some premium hosts and well above their budget host competitor in Lightning Base.
- Pressidium is sitting in 1st place, with SiteGround 3rd in our Uptime Rankings.
Pressidium vs SiteGround – Overall ranking
The Overall Ranking accumulates the results from the speed & uptime tests to determine the #1 Host.
- Pressidium have been fantastic when it comes to uptime and their speed continued to show improvement as the year progressed. These combined strong results have meant Pressidium is right at the top of our 2019 rankings, just missing out on the #1 spot.
- SiteGround’s uptime performance has been impressive, while some improvement is needed to their speed to move up the rankings. They are ahead of Lightning Base in the preferred budget host category, and not far off the performance of some of the premium hosts, especially when their speed with WP Rocket results are isolated.
- Pressidium is currently 2nd and SiteGround is 4th in our Overall Rankings.