Which of our hosts is burning up the tracks this week in Sydney?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 41 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Sydney, Australia
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 41 Summary Table
The winner this week is GoDaddy with a time of 3.15s. This time is a long way behind the Sydney record of 1.03s set by Bluehost in Week 27.
On our last visit to Sydney with CloudFlare & WP Super Cache setup (in Week 35), the average page load time for our 8 hosts was 2.36s. This week with all optimizations removed, the average load time is much slower at 4.03s.
This is the third and final week of our No Optimizations Speed Study and the results are clearly slower, which is to be expected with all caching and CDN’s turned off.
Next week we are off to Dallas where the record load time is 1.02s, set by HostGator in Week 21. Can we get anywhere near this?
And the Week 41 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 9 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.