With WP Super Cache on board, lets find out which host is hovering well this week in Latin America?
Uptime Test – Week 133 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Latin American Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Super Cache & Autoptimize
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 133 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 132):
- Lightning Base
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Latin America is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the 2nd fastest average response time of 706ms.
The last time we tested from Latin America (with Comet Cache setup in Week 130), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 840ms, while this week with WP Super Cache on board, it is much slower at 1,517ms.
This is the second week of our WP Super Cache Speed Study and WP Super Cache have been very disappointing compared to Comet Cache, when it comes to Response Times.
For the next week, I will change up our testing location to Asia Pacific. This is the last chance for WP Super Cache to try to turn things around?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2+ years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.