Let’s check in and find out how well our hosts are handling uptime this week?
Uptime Test – Week 36 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Worldwide Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 36 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a poor uptime performance this week, with just 2 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts achieved 100% last week):
Unfortunately, this week A2 Hosting had another horrible uptime result. After having over 3 hours of downtime last week, they have had over 2 hours of downtime this week from 77 separate outages. This continued poor performance is a real worry, hopefully whatever is causing this will be rectified shortly.
And our winner this week is GoDaddy, recording the fastest time of 416ms. The last time we ran this Worldwide test (in Week 32 with CloudFlare and W3 Total Cache), GoDaddy’s time was quicker at 306ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of changing from W3 Total Cache to WP Super Cache, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 32 was 1,050ms, while this week it has slowed even further to 1,412ms.
After 2 weeks of testing, it looks as though W3 Total Cache is outperforming WP Super Cache. Let’s see if this continues over the final 2 weeks?
Next week we are testing from North America, will these slow speeds continue?
For the 2nd Week in a Row,
the Winner is…
After 30 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.