Let’s check back in with our 8 WordPress Hosting providers and see how their reliability has been this week.
This week we have changed the test location from North America to Europe, let’s see if that makes any difference to the uptime results?
Uptime Test – Week 2 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across Europe
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Total Number of Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 2 Summary Table
There have been big changes in the rankings this week, starting at the top with a new Number 1: SiteGround. It is the only host to achieve 100% uptime this week, compared to 4 hosts last week (which also included SiteGround!).
The ranking changes from last week are:
- A2 Hosting from #1 to #8
- GoDaddy unchanged at #2
- SiteGround from #3 to #1
- Hub from #4 to #7
- Dreamhost from #5 to #4
- Inmotion from #6 to #3
- HostGator from #7 to #6
- Bluehost from #8 to #5
Uptime Test – Week 2 Winner
The Uptime Test Winner is…