With our new premium hosts facing some challenges with the addition of WP Rocket, lets find out how they have performed in London?
Speed Test – Week 147 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x6 = 1,008 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
flywheel Weekly Speed Results
kinsta Weekly Speed Results
pressidium Weekly Speed Results
wp engine Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 147 Summary Table
The fastest host this week in London is Flywheel with a time of 1.16s.
With our 4 new premium hosts on board in 2019, Kinsta dominated early with fastest load time across 4 of the first 5 weeks of testing. But the last 2 weeks have seen Flywheel take the honors of fastest host.
The other element to observe this week is the influence WP Rocket has had on our hosts. If we look back to Week 142 results (where the same test was conducted from London, just without WP Rocket), the rankings have changed quite a lot. The big improvers are Flywheel, Lightning Base & SiteGround, while Kinsta and WP Engine were actually worse off with WP Rocket.
For next week’s test, I will change up our testing location to Mumbai as we continue with WP Rocket. I wonder whether Flywheel can continue to lead the pack, and will WP Engine turn things around?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With our new hosts yet to achieve enough results to summarise, feel free to check out how our previous hosts performed over the course of 3 years of testing.